Kailana Lake Jodhpur Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Kailana Lake Jodhpur Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 35 reviews
Kailana Lake Jodhpur Address: Kaylana Lake, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 342001, India
For all those who are in search of a place that is surrounded by utmost tranquility and a serene atmosphere in Jodhpur, Kaylana Lake is the right place to be. It is a man-made lake that delights everyone with a relaxing weekend retreat and has a calm, peaceful environment to enjoy some time away from the maddening crowd of city life.
Constructed by Pratap Singh in the year 1872, the Kaylana Lake serves as an important source of water for the local population. It sprawls over an area of 84 square km and has verdant hills and rock formations on all sides, making it a must-visit attraction for visitors on their Jodhpur tour. Here you can also pay heed to the Machiya Fort and the Machia Biological Park as both lie close to this lake.
Things to do at Kaylana Lake, Jodhpur
1. Nature Walks: Take a leisure walk around the lake and admire its picturesque surrounding. It is undoubtedly a great way to de-stress your mind and return home refreshed and rejuvenated.
2. Bird Watching: Spot a wide variety of bird species roaming from one place to another. During the winter season, a lot of migratory birds also consider this lake their home.
3. Boating: Enjoy a boat ride on the lake to make the most of your time. While boating, you can explore the area at its best and also observe the mesmerizing sunset.
4. Trekking: Try your hand at a trekking trail that takes you directly to the nearby Shiv Mandir to add some more adventure to your trip. The Shiv Mandir is quite famous among the people to offer prayers and seek blessings from the presiding deity.
5. Picnicking: Bring a picnic basket to connect with your family members on a deeper level. You can also carry some quick refreshments along with a few board games and cards to have a fun-filled day out.
6. Photography: Don’t miss clicking the photographs here as this location offers numerous opportunities for shutterbugs to capture some amazing shots of nature that are worth remembering for their entire life.
Entry Fee and Timings of Kaylana Lake, Jodhpur
There is no entry fee to visit Kaylana Lake. It can be explored by its tourists at any time of the day but the recommended timings would be from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Overall, you need to spare 1-2 hours from your busy schedule to explore the serenity and surroundings of Kaylana Lake.
Best Time to Visit the Kaylana Lake, Jodhpur
Plan your getaway during the winter season i.e., from October to March to enjoy your visit to the fullest. Not only does the weather remain pleasant at this time of the year but the level of humidity is also low, making it an ideal time for people to engage in outdoor activities like sightseeing, picnicking, and boating.
In contrast, the summers (April to June) are quite hot in Jodhpur with an average temperature sometimes soaring above 40 degrees Celsius, which is obviously not comfortable to explore the lake and its surroundings during the day. Monsoon season (July to September) is also not recommended as heavy rainfall can make the area inaccessible and potentially dangerous.
How to Reach Kaylana Lake, Jodhpur?
Getting to Kaylana Lake in Jodhpur is quite easy. Due to its close proximity to the city center, the lake can be reached by people via autos, rickshaws, and state-run buses. Alternatively, there is also a facility of booking a cab from the list of top car rental companies in Jodhpur available with us. It all depends on how you want to travel. The choice is yours!
Book an all-inclusive Jodhpur tour package with us to have the best time of your life in Jodhpur. We at Jodhpur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, have designed a variety of travel packages to address the varied needs of our diverse clientele. For us, your happiness matters the most and we leave no stone unturned to make the overall traveling a hassle-free experience for you. Please fill out the Contact Us form to learn more about our offerings!