Heaven for shopaholics of all types, the Sardar Market is amongst the bustling marketplaces of the city that draws a huge influx of locals as well as tourists all day long – all thanks to its wide variety of souvenirs that caters to everyone’s needs.
Named after Sardar Singh who was the former ruler of Jodhpur, the Sardar Market is a popular tourist place to visit in Jodhpur that delights people with an exceptional retail therapy experience. It is a kind of place that has narrow lanes and alleys lined with numerous shops selling all kinds of goods.
From colorful Rajasthani textiles such as bandhani sarees and block-printed fabrics to intricately designed jewelry made of silver and precious stones, you can find anything and everything under one roof. This market is also known for its selection of spices and herbs including vanilla, cardamom, saffron, etc., which can be used in the preparation of many traditional Rajasthani dishes.
All-in-all, we can say that the Sardar Market is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in experiencing the vibrant culture and traditions of Rajasthan. So, whether you’re in Jodhpur for a short or a long trip, you should visit this place at least once for sure to make your trip worth remembering for your entire life.
Things to do at Sardar Market, Jodhpur
- Watch artisans at work. Many of the shops in the market have workshops attached to them where you can see craftsmen creating beautiful handicrafts using traditional techniques.
- Check out the amazing handbags and scarves to compliment your overall attire. Not only do they look amazing but are also worth every single penny.
- Buy tea leaves to give a kick-start to your day with a fresh cup of tea every morning. Right from ginger tea, Assam tea, Kashmiri Kahwa, Darjeeling Tea, and masala mix, the Sardar Market presents all types of tea for Tea Lovers.
- Indulge your taste buds in a wide range of mouthwatering local street food available at the market to experience the real essence of this city. Here you will find several vendors selling everything right from Samosa to Kachori, Chaat, and other popular items at reasonable prices. Don’t forget to try the famous Rajasthani delicacy – the Kachra if you’re feeling a little adventurous. It’s a kind of dish that is prepared from leftover food.
- Head to the Clock Tower lying in close proximity to the Sardar Market to witness its old-world charm. Also referred to as Ghanta Ghar, the Clock Tower is a 200-year-old structure that invites people to enjoy a 360-degree view of the city from the top.
Image Gallery of Sardar Market Jodhpur
Entry Fee and Timings of Sardar Market, Jodhpur
There is no entry fee to visit the Sardar Market in Jodhpur. It can be explored by its visitors at any time between 7:00 AM and 9:30 PM on all days and the recommended exploration time is 2-3 hours.
How to Reach Sardar Market, Jodhpur?
Located in the heart of the city, the Sardar Market can be easily accessed by people via local transport. Depending on your preferred mode of commute, you can choose to travel in an auto, a rickshaw, or a local bus to reach your desired destination. Alternatively, book a private taxi with an experienced chauffeur from the list of top car rental companies in Jodhpur to enjoy hassle-free traveling within the city in your utmost comfort. The choice is yours!
Have the best time of your life with our all-inclusive Jodhpur tour packages. We at Jodhpur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, strive to offer the best of our services to our diverse clientele so that you can enjoy your trip without any worries. Our all-inclusive packages can also be altered as per your choice and we also assist people in curating an itinerary that suits their holiday duration and budget the most. Please fill out the Contact Us form to know more about our available discount coupons!