Mandore Gardens Jodhpur Entry Fee
- 0 Free entry for Garden
- 50 per person for Museum entry
Mandore Gardens Jodhpur Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 35 reviews
Mandore Gardens Jodhpur Address: Mandore, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 342007, India
Jodhpur Tour Packages
Mandore Gardens Jodhpur Timings
|Monday||8:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Wedesday||8:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am – 8:00 pm|
|Sunday||8:00 am – 8:00 pm|
Note: Museum is open from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm (Saturday-Thursday)Links: Website | Map
A must-visit destination for anyone interested in architectural heritage, the Mandore Gardens is a beautiful garden that delights people of all age groups on their Jodhpur tour. It is a kind of place that invites history buffs to sneak peek into the history of the region and learn more about its culture through numerous attractions located within the complex.
Earlier, the park was once the royal cremation ground for the rulers of Marwar, a region in Rajasthan. Today, it has been transformed into a beautiful garden that is a popular spot for locals and tourists alike.
One of the striking features of Mandore Gardens is the Mandore Fort, which was built in the 6th century and served as the capital of Marwar before Jodhpur. The fort is now in ruins, but visitors can still see remnants of its former glory including intricate carvings and stunning architecture.
Another highlight is the Ravana Temple which stands as a testimony to the event of the demon king, Ravana getting married to his wife, Mandodari in Mandore town. In addition to all this, one can also observe that the park is filled with lush greenery, beautiful flowers, and towering trees, making it a peaceful and serene oasis in the middle of the city.
Things to do at Mandore Gardens, Jodhpur
- Visit the Hall of Heroes to witness the history and culture of Rajasthan through several paintings, sculptures, and artifacts. It is a popular attraction in Mandore Gardens that features 16 statues of folk heroes made from a single rock.
- Head to the Temple of 300 million Gods to offer prayers and seek blessings from the presiding deities. It is a beautiful shrine that draws a huge influx of visitors every year owing to its religious significance.
- Take some time out for the Government Museum to step back into the past and obtain even greater information about the garden through an impressive collection of old relics. Please note that the museum remains closed every Friday.
- You cannot leave Mandore Gardens without paying heed to the cenotaphs. These royal memorials are built in honor of the rulers of the Rathore clan, and each cenotaph has a unique design and architecture.
Entry Fee and Timings of Mandore Gardens, Jodhpur
To visit the Mandor Gardens, you don’t need to pay any charges as it is free for everyone. Coming to its timings, the garden opens its door from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM on all days and the recommended exploration time would be 1-2 hours.
Image Gallery of Mandore Gardens Jodhpur
Travel Tips for Visiting Mandore Gardens, Jodhpur
- Dress modestly. Choose something that can help you cover your shoulders, knees, and legs.
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as you will need to walk a lot to explore the picturesque surroundings of the garden area.
- Always carry an umbrella with good-quality sunscreen and shade with you. The days can be sunny; hence it is necessary to have essentials in your bag.
- Bring your own water and quick refreshments to keep yourself hydrated and energized throughout the time. Although there are local vendors available, it is always recommended to be on the safer side.
- Don’t forget to click some breathtaking pictures. Heaven for shutterbugs, the Mandore Gardens offers numerous opportunities for people to capture the scenic beauty bestowed with rich flora.
- Respect the local culture and customs while visiting Mandore Gardens. Avoid loud conversations, refrain from littering, and take off your shoes before entering a temple within the gardens.
- To make the most of your visit, consider hiring a guide who can provide you with interesting insights and historical information about the gardens.
- Mandore Gardens often hosts cultural events and festivals, so it's a good idea to check ahead of time and plan your visit accordingly.
How to Reach Mandore Gardens, Jodhpur?
Getting to Mandore Gardens is a bit easy. Due to its close proximity to the Jodhpur Bus Stand and Jodhpur Railway Station, it can be easily accessed by people by auto-rickshaws and local buses. If you’ve flown in, you can book a private cab from the list of top car rental companies in Jodhpur to commute to your desired location in your utmost comfort.
Book an all-inclusive Jodhpur tour package with us to enjoy your Jodhpur tour at pocket-friendly prices. We at Jodhpur Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, present a variety of travel packages to cater to the varied needs of our diverse clientele. Our team strives to offer the best of our services so that you can have the best time of your life on your trip. You can also get a customized travel package ready for you based on your prerequisites. Please fill out the Contact Us form to know more about us.